General Terms and Conditions
- Rental extensions are charged at 50% of the first week price.
- Boxes that are returned and requiring deep cleaning due to their condition, are subject to a $3.00 per box charge.
- Pickup that is missed or cancelled the day of the scheduled time is subject to a $25 fee.
- Purchase, damaged or lost crate replacement cost is $20 for the medium box, $25 for the large box, and $30 for the extra large box.
- Purchase, damaged or lost crate dolly replacement cost is $65 each.
- Additional delivery of boxes will be charged at $4 per box.
Payment is due upon placing an order. Rental extensions will be charged automatically and is calculated based on the Equipment pick-up date. Renter acknowledges that their credit card will be kept on file for the duration of the rental agreement. Renter acknowledges and authorizes Rent a Moving Box to charge the amounts associated with the stated terms and conditions (orders, extensions and damages).
Rent A Moving Box Rental Agreement
- Equipment Rented: Rent a Moving Box hereby rents to you (the “Renter”), and Renter hereby hires from Rent a Moving Box, the equipment specified in the invoice order details (the “Rental Agreement”).
- Rent: Renter shall pay Rent a Moving Box rent in the amounts stated in the Renter’s invoice.
- Rental Terms: The rental and related charges shall commence upon the date Equipment is delivered by Rent a Moving Box and shall terminate on the date Equipment is picked up by Rent a Moving Box. All rental Equipment shall not be transported or leave the service areas of Rent a Moving Box without prior written consent of Rent a Moving Box.
- Rental Extensions: Renter must contact Rent a Moving Box by telephone or email to request an extension. Rental Extensions must be requested at least 24 hours before the scheduled pickup date. Rent a Moving Box will do their best to accommodate extensions, however, may not be able to based on rental demand and scheduling. For each additional week that the equipment is rented there is an additional charge at a rate of 50% of the first weeks rental price.
- Ownership: Equipment is, and shall at all times remain, the sole and exclusive property of Rent a Moving Box.
- Taxes: Renter shall pay all applicable sales/rental taxes on Equipment.
- Warranty: Rent a Moving Box warrants that the Equipment is in satisfactory operating condition at the time of delivery and will replace at no charge, any Equipment that fails during normal operation. Rent a Moving Box disclaims all other warranties, implied or expressed. Renter is fully responsible for Renter’s own negligence or misuse.
- Alteration: No alteration to the Equipment may be made. Only removable labels, provided by Rent a Moving Box to Renter, are permitted to be used on Equipment. Proper care and maintenance of the Equipment during its use will be the responsibility of Renter. Equipment which is returned in a condition requiring deep cleaning or repairs due to excessive wear and tear or mishandling will be brought back to a rentable condition at the expense of Renter.
- Assignment: Neither this Agreement nor equipment may be assigned, transferred, or in any way encumbered by Renter.
- Risk of Loss: Upon the arrival of Equipment at the Renter’s premises, the Renter will carefully inspect the equipment to determine whether it has been damaged beyond use during delivery. In the event of any such damage, the Renter will promptly inform Rent a Moving Box and a replacement will be provided. Otherwise Renter shall be deemed to have accepted the Equipment as being in acceptable operating condition. During the period of the Renter’s possession and control of the Equipment, all risk of loss, destruction of, or damage to the Equipment, from any cause whatsoever shall be the sole responsibility of the Renter. The cost to replace or repair damaged Equipment or the replacement for Equipment not returned will be charged to the Renter’s credit card.
- Operation: The Renter will use the Equipment in a safe manner and in full compliance with the Rent a Moving Box user guide provided at time of delivery. The Renter shall indemnify and hold Rent a Moving Box harmless from any liability whatsoever resulting from the Renters use of the Equipment. Rent a Moving Box is not responsible for the result of any loss or damages caused by the Renter’s move. Rent a Moving Box shall not be liable for any damages that exceed payment actually paid by Renter to Rent a Moving Box. In no event will Rent a Moving Box be liable to Renter for consequential, incidental, indirect, punitive or special damages, including commercial loss and lost profits, however caused and regardless of legal theory or foreseeability, directly or indirectly arising in connection with this agreement.
- Payment Types: Visa, MasterCard or Amex. No checks.
- Payment Terms: Payment is due upon placing an order. Rental extensions will be charged automatically and is calculated based on the Equipment pick-up date. Renter acknowledges that their credit card will be kept on file for the duration of the rental agreement. Renter acknowledges and authorizes Rent a Moving Box to charge the amounts associated with the above stated terms and conditions (orders, extensions and damages).
- Default and Remedies: Renter shall be deemed to have breached this Agreement if the Renter:
- Defaults in any payment as set forth in the Renter’s invoice.
- Defaults in any of the terms herein this rental agreement and such default shall continue uncorrected for three (3) days after written notice hereof to Renter by Rent a Moving Box
- Renter becomes insolvent, or if a petition is filed by or against Renter under the Bankruptcy Act or any other law concerning the relief of debts. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. The parties irrevocably agree that any legal or equitable proceeding arising out of or in connection with this agreement shall be brought in the County of Denver in the State of Colorado. By execution and delivery of this agreement, each of the parties hereby irrevocably accepts and submits to the jurisdiction of said courts in person, generally and unconditionally, in connection with any such action or proceeding.
- Termination: In the event of any default, Rent a Moving Box may declare the entire amount of unpaid rental payments immediately due and payable, and Rent a Moving Box may immediately terminate this agreement. In the event of such termination, Rent a Moving Box may enter into the premises where Equipment is located and remove same. All costs and expenses to recover Equipment and/or rental fees, including legal fees incurred in execution of this section, will be paid by Renter.
The undersigned do hereby acknowledge and agree to the above Rental Agreement.